The Maintenance Technician is responsible for all aspects of facility maintenance. Reporting to the Sr. Building Operator, the Maintenance Technician has responsibility for the planning, execution and follow up of all facility maintenance at a variety of ICE District buildings and other properties.
- Work within established operating procedures for facility maintenance which are customized to the specific needs of the facility.
- Completes Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) records
- Support full time, part time and contract maintenance staff
- Inspect operating function to evaluate efficiency methods; investigates, analyzes and troubleshoots operational and maintenance issues.
- Complete all day to day maintenance as required and/or requested (such as general clean-up, painting, minor plumbing issues, minor HVAC issues, etc.)
- Available on “on-call” basis during off hours for emergency situations
- Assist in the development and safe implantation of SOP’s
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledgeable in Facility Maintenance and latest best practices
- Knowledgeable in all regulations such as building codes, fire and health department regulations, OH&S, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills: highly organized, results oriented with the ability to be flexible, and to work well under pressure, strong level of initiative required
- Strong technical abilities with Microsoft programs and familiarization with a CMMS an asset
- Leads by example by displaying a high standard of performance with the ability to communicate these expectations to the team to achieve above expectation results
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons and facts
- High School or Technical School diploma or combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- 3-5 years of experience working in a commercial or industrial properties
- Demonstrated knowledge of sports and/or live entertainment facility operation is required
- Must be available for weekends and holidays (part of on call rotation)
- Must be able to pass a Police Information Check