The Loading Dock Master is responsible for all aspects of Stantec Tower shipping & receiving coordination. Reporting to the Sr. Building Operator, the Loading Dock Master performs duties related to the coordination of receiving and shipping goods and materials for the entire building and our clients.
- Receives merchandise, equipment or materials for Building Operations. Checks and signs delivery slips.
- Unpacks merchandise, equipment or materials for Building Operations. Verifies the quality and quantity of items against supporting documents when required. Accepts or returns according to established procedures.
- Organizes distribution and shipping of merchandise for Building Operations. Makes necessary verifications against documents, prepares the merchandise and moves to the appropriate area.
- Contacts transport companies and suppliers in order to expedite, trace or return shipments that do not conform to specifications or purchase orders for Building Operations.
- Reports and completes required paperwork for all incidents/situations on the loading dock.
- Ensures loading area is secure at all times.
- Manages coordination of all tenant deliveries and base building deliveries.
- Manages Freight elevator bookings.
- Ensure safe and efficient operation of the loading dock.
- Monitors for cleanliness of the dock area and refuse area.
- Coordinate additional refuse, grease bin, etc. pick up for Building Operations.
- Coordinates emergency supply room and inventory.
- Ensures first aid kit supplies are up to date.
- Responsible to ensure MSDS sheets are received with all shipments as applicable.
- Ensure proper maintenance of loading dock and refuse area and equipment.
- Liaise with all stakeholders and security.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledgeable in Shipping and Receiving warehouse operations.
- Knowledgeable in regulations such as building codes, OH&S, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills: highly organized, results oriented with the ability to be flexible, and to work well under pressure, strong level of initiative required
- Strong technical abilities with Microsoft programs and familiarization with computerized maintenance and inventory systems an asset
- Leads by example by displaying a high standard of performance with the ability to communicate these expectations to the team to achieve above expectation results
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a warehouse environment
- Experience operating forklifts, pallet jacks and other related equipment
- Experience with dock management scheduling software
- Ability to read and interpret purchase orders and packing slips
- Must be able to pass a Police Information Check