Reporting to the Director, Property Management, this position is directly responsible for maintaining current and accurate leasing files along with due diligence tracking for critical dates. The Lease Administrator is also responsible for preparation of lease documentation, correspondence and leasing information for distribution to potential clients.
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
- Accurately drafting offers, leases, transfers and ancillary documentation from written and verbal instructions
- Prepares correspondence, memos of a confidential, strategic and/or specialized nature from handwritten material
- Assists in coordinating and providing information to various clients as required, responding to requests in a timely fashion
- Assists in the development of standardized lease documentation policies, procedures and documents and ensuring legal compliance through interface with internal or external legal council
- Ensures effective delivery of lease documentation services through liaison with other internal departments
- Creates and manage broker and client information databases, marketing packages and mail-outs
- Updates and maintains leasing reports and budgets for both internal and client use
- Maintains electronic leasing files including, but not limited to, brochures, site plans, photographs and correspondence
- Updates building stacking plans on a monthly basis
- Processes invoices and expenses for leasing commissions, marketing expenses and other related items
- Develops leasing presentations, marketing brochures and other desktop publishing activities
- Processes credit reports, corporate registry and land title search requests
- Coordinates travel arrangements, broker and staff social events
- Manages the Lease Documentation function for a prescribed portfolio of properties, which duties comprise:
- Provides estoppel preparation in connection with property dispositions
- Liaises with property management staff, tenants, solicitors, brokers and other leasing staff, as required
- Inputs lease data for new tenants into Yardi; updating Yardi when there are step ups and changes to square footage
- Prepares lease abstracts
- Reception relief and other duties as required
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Post-secondary degree in Business Accounting or related is required
- 5+ years of related administrative experience, ideally with experience in real estate, leasing would be an asset.
- Solid understanding of leasing process, concepts and documentation including a solid understanding of operating expense (CAM) recoveries and calculation clauses as well as an understanding of percent rent clauses and calculation
- Experience with Yardi is considered an asset
- Advanced skills in Word, PowerPoint, Excel and desktop publishing software, typing speed of 60 WPM (minimum) with proficient proof reading skills (spelling, punctuation and grammar).
- Detail oriented; able to resolve problems using facts and sound reasoning
- Superior oral and written communication and presentation skills; ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships with clients, tenants and internal staff
- Ability to exercise confidentiality.
- Ability to allocate one’s time effectively, work under pressure and manage tight deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities, and adapt to new ideas and constant changes;
- Ability to use initiative and self-managing skills to work independently with minimal direction and respond effectively to issues that arise in the absence of the manager
Only those moving forward in the process will be contacted.