Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Intermediate Accountant is responsible for assisting the Senior Project Accountants on the progress of construction and development projects, investigating variances from construction budgets, reconciling costs expenses, and ensuring project results are reported on a timely basis.
- Support month end process including preparing and recording journal entries and accruals.
- Assist Senior Project Accountants in compiling monthly construction draws, cash flow statements and other reconciliations
- Preparation and filing of gst for development projects
- Monthly reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts for Development Projects
- Preparation of schedules for month end consolidated financial statements
- Maintain and reconcile project-related records, including contracts and change orders
- Tracking of change orders
- Perform monthly recording of allocations and intercompany transactions
- Preparation of bank reconciliations
- Assist in preparing fiscal year end working papers and account reconciliations
- Tracks cash flow on each project
- Compile information for internal and external auditors
- Professional Accounting Designation (CGA,CMA,CA,CPA) required
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in full cycle accounting, with experience in real estate property management and development preferred.
- Strong knowledge of job costing
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Self-motivated, results driven, with proven ability to work in a fast past dynamic environment
- Effective written and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of real estate industry is preferred
- Experience in Yardi would be an asset
- Only those moving forward in the process will be contacted.