Reporting to VP, Property Management, Operations and Leasing, this position is responsible to oversee the operations, management and administration of all asset classes including office, retail, residential, condominium and parking. This includes tenant relations, third party service contract negotiation and administration, property reporting and full management of the properties. This position is also responsible for the management of staff, including Senior Building Operator and Senior Property Manager.
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensuring all Property Management policies, procedures and operations are conducted effectively in accordance with KGRE policies and procedures.
- Develop and administer comprehensive tenant services and communications program.
- Ensure that occupant problems are rectified in a prompt, effective and cost efficient manner and that a high standard of rapport and communication is consistently achieved.
- Develop, motivate, recognize and administer staff.
- Develop, administer and submit an annual operating report and budget in a timely fashion.
- Oversee the preparation, review and report on property and financial results to senior management.
- Conduct and document building inspections, as well as routine follow up to ensure all items identified are addressed in a timely manner.
- Provide 5 year capital project work forecasts when required and implement all projects as approved.
- Ensure that corporate governance, environmental, health & safety policies and procedures are
- Assist in lease negotiations where required and provide leasing staff with input when necessary
- Represent KGRE and Landlord interests during construction of future development and maintain professional relationship with neighbouring buildings.
- Develop working knowledge of local real estate market including rental/vacancy rates and operating cost comparisons.
- Participate in national initiatives relating to Property Management
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of ten (10) years related Property Management experience
- Knowledge and experience with commercial real estate market including rent rates, vacancy, etc is required
- Knowledge and experience in accounting is required
- Knowledge of construction methods is required
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to carry out analysis of building data
- Excellent customer service skills with ability to partner with clients to meet client needs.
- Proven organizational skills; able to cope with changing client needs and deliver successful results within agreed upon timeframes
- Must be self-motivated, professional and flexible; able to work both in a team environment and independently.
- Detail oriented; able to resolve problems using facts and sound reasoning.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to guide and motivate staff
Only those moving forward in the process will be contacted.