Reporting to the Senior Building Operator, the Building Operator will be responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of all landlord equipment in the building. While maintaining positive relationships with tenants, contractors and suppliers, the Building Operator will ensure that the equipment is operated efficiently and all planned maintenance is completed on time with any repairs carried out in a timely manner.
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform preventative and routine maintenance on HVAC, plumbing, mechanical and life safety systems.
- Perform water treatment testing on building systems and equipment.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and provide solutions/recommendations.
- Monitoring of the BMS and associated systems to ensure maximum availability and efficiency of equipment.
- Assist with commissioning and continual monitoring to ensure that the buildings are being operated to their maximum efficiency.
- Ensure that all maintenance is carried out in a safe manner and systems are correctly isolated if required.
- Utilize Angus Anywhere and Hippo Preventative Maintenance program for all aspects of the building management and operations.
- Prepare and enter purchase orders for approval.
- Active participant in building evacuation and emergency response process reviews.
- Work closely with Property Management and tenants to schedule and plan maintenance tasks to minimize disruption. Respond to and resolve all routine tenant service requests as assigned, including changing lights, general maintenance, heating/cooling, etc.
- Assist with maintaining all building inventory, code inspections, and ensure all maintenance/storage rooms are organized, clean and tidy.
- Communicate regularly with Property Management on building and tenant issues.
- Review and monitor contracted work to ensure work is being performed in a safe manner and work details are compliant with the building standards.
- Oversee the safety and appearance of the property.
- Maintain maintenance and daily logs of equipment.
- Remain current and up to date with all industry codes, new technologies and best practices.
- Participate in on call rotation, cover for shifts for the property portfolio as required and be available for after-hour emergency situations.
- Work in compliance with established safe work practices and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- 5-7 years building maintenance experience preferably in a high rise tower commercial environment.
- High School Diploma is required; Post-Secondary degree or diploma is an asset.
- Minimum 5th Class Power Engineer certificate required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Knowledge of building and fire codes, safety act and WHMIS procedures and operational best practices.
- Experience in preventive maintenance and energy management programs together with a good understanding and operation of BMS and security systems.
- Sound mechanical and electrical knowledge.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external parties.
- Ability to deal with emergency situations in a calm, professional and confident manner.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.